Friday, July 17, 2009

More About Eva

As Todd posted earlier, Eva came on Friday the 10th, so today is her one week birthday! She is such a good little baby, and we are certainly blessed and overjoyed to have her in our home.

We came home on Sunday afternoon and have been taking it easy as we all get adjusted and are getting to know each other. I have recovered very well--the c-section wasn't nearly as bad as I thought it would be. I am pretty much back to normal, but of course still restricted in what I can do (like lifting and exercising). The only thing that isn't back to normal is that some things I do still hurt my incision, but that will heal before I know it as well. Yesterday I was unpleasantly surprised at how much a sneeze can hurt!

Todd is such a wonderful daddy! He has been so helpful with everything. Taking care of Eva has really been a team effort for us, and I am so appreciative of Todd's willingness to help with anything that he can. When Eva isn't wanting to sleep at night, Todd brings her into our room and snuggles with her until she falls asleep, which usually isn't long. Eva loves to snuggle with her daddy!

It's funny to see how bent up she can get while she's napping. When she's really deep in sleep, her body is so limp, and you can flap her arms and legs around without phasing her. But if she's sleeping lightly, she keeps her legs sticking out. You can push them down, but as soon as you let go they bounce back up in the air like a spring. Funny little girl! She must have some pretty strong abs to have her feet out like that all the time. If she keeps that up, we'll be the only ones in town who have a baby with a six pack!
Eva is a content baby. When she's awake, she just quietly looks around, waving her arms and kicking her legs. If she's not happy, she whimpers and pouts. If she's REALLY not happy, then she'll cry. She makes the saddest little face when she cries. It melts your heart, but it's so cute at the same time. For the first few days, she would fuss and cry when you changed her clothes or diaper, but now that she's used to that, she doesn't usually make a peep.
This last picture has to be one of my favorites. We really do have the cutest baby ever!




3 comments:

Kyr said...

She sure is really cute guys!!! I am glad to hear you are doing well. I am doing good too. back to normal with my incision, although your right it does hurt to sneeze I really don't likes it. Well we will have to get these two together for a play date. Dont worry Todd I wont let Austin hit on her quite yet. He is a whole 4 days older.

Scottypoo said...

I would beg to differ about the whole cutest baby in the world thing, but I totally understand the parent bias now! She is a VERY cute baby and we sure are excited to meet her!

Nate and Heidi said...

What a cutie batootie! I imagine sneezing wouldn't be very fun!! Glad to hear that you are giddy little parents!!

 

Growing Up Together | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates