Sunday, July 05, 2009

4th of July Trail Race

This Year, for the 4th of July, I ran my first trail run. It was the Kelly Canyon Trail Run. It started right above Kelly Canyon and ran up the mountain, around on the ridge, and back down to the start. It was a whole lot of fun running in the mountains, and I may have found my new love in life. (besides my wife and my soon to be baby girl of course!) It was 5.5 miles, and it took me 40:30 to complete it. I tell you what...it was a lot of work to climb that mountain. My GPS said I climbed 1350 feet over the entire course! I placed 4th overall and it makes me feel good to know that the 3 people in front of me were all high school track kids. I can't compete with them! I was neck and neck with the kid in front of me with about a mile left. We turned onto a wide trail and I started to run as fast as my little feet could. I looked at my watch and i was running a 5:50 pace, which by the way is VERY FAST! The kid in front of me took off and was running faster! Oh boy to be young again...(I guess I'm not that old, but I will use it as an excuse anyway!) So I finished 4th. Not bad for my first trail run. Here is a video of the EXCITING finish. Oh and notice that my first mile was a 13:00 pace and my last 2 miles were at 6:30 pace! I love downhill running!

0 comments:

 

Growing Up Together | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates