Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Todd's Construction Business


Late last summer, Todd started Myers Custom Homes, LLC. He decided it would be better to start now, rather than waiting until after graduation. It has proven to be a good decision, because he has learned a lot about how to run a business, what it takes legally, etc., which has been very helpful in his classes. He also has a project in the works. He is building a 4-plex here in Rexburg which will hopefully get going within the next month. The plans just need to be altered a bit, then he can get his building permit and start digging! It has been a long process since he drew the plans himself, but that has also given him some valuable real-world experience. I am very proud of how hard he has worked on it. He is very good at what he does, and I know that he will be successful with this project. I am also very proud of how well he has balanced that project with school. Todd has been very good at getting all of his homework and projects done early this semester. I don't usually have to remind him to do his work at all!! Except now that the weather has finally warmed up, we're both tempted to go play instead.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Congrats on starting a business! I'm looking to run my own business, but I'd rather buy one instead of starting one from scratch. I'm kind of open to what I run, which is why I'm interested in that. I've been looking around for one, but I haven't found anything that I like. Do you have any suggestions? Advice? Thanks so much.

Anonymous said...

@Anita -- Have you checked out your local Chamber of Commerce? They might be able to help you.

I also suggest checking out BizTrader.com. It's an online global marketplace where you can buy, sell, and invest in small business. There's a wide selection, making it a great place to find a small business on the Internet. Check it out and good luck!

 

Growing Up Together | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates