Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Run Todd Run!

Todd and Nate after the Dam Half Marathon
Todd decided to become a runner this April. Nate and Heidi (brother and sister-in-law) have been into running for a while and convinced Todd that he should give it a try. It was a good suggestion, because Todd is pretty darn good at it. If you're ever in Rexburg, you'll probably see him running on the side of the road. But be forewarned...he may just look like a blur.
On June 14, Todd and Nate ran the Teton Dam Half Marathon here in Rexburg. (That's 13.1 miles of hills.) Todd did very well! He came in 29th overall out of over 300 runners, and 9th in his age group. He finished in 1 hour and 40 minutes, which is about a 7:40 pace. Go Todd!!! Nate did well too. He finished 15 minutes faster than his last race. Good job Myers boys!
In September, Todd and Nate are doing a full marathon (26.2 miles) in Logan, UT. So now much of Todd's time is taken up by his training. He enjoys running now and we're really excited to see how the full marathon goes for him. Anyone who knows me knows that I hate running and everything to do with it. But, since I have a runner for a husband, I have decided to give it a try as well. So I'm going to run the 5k while Todd does his marathon. That sounds alright to me. It seems like more fun and less dying. So if you're in the mood for a vacation, come to Logan in September and cheer on the Myers!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Welcome to the blog world! We'll definitely keep looking at your blog and checking you guys out. By the way, you have it written that Todd finished in 2 hours and 40 minutes instead of 1 hour and 40 minutes. =)

Anonymous said...

This is a neat blog. I hope you keep it up. Congratulations on getting it started.

Dad

Todd and Kaila Myers said...

Ok I changed it. Todd's time was 1 hour and 40 minutes! Thanks for catching that! :)

Anonymous said...

I see that you are still calling Rexburg "The Rexburg" good job... you make me proud. Just like Buddah.

 

Growing Up Together | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates