Graduation was April 11th, and I am so happy to be done! It took me an extra year to graduate due to my DisneyWorld internship and taking too many fun classes, but it was all worth it. I am very grateful for the knowledge and experiences I've gained while in school. A part of me will miss it, but it's a very small part. After all, I am going back to school in the fall already...sort of. Except this time I will be getting paid for it. I will be teaching fifth grade at Madison Middle School, and I am absolutely ecstatic! I student taught in the fifth grade, and I loved it. Having my own class run the way I want will be so wonderful. Fifth graders are at such a funny age, too. And the school is located about 100 yards from my front door, so that's a definite bonus. Walking to school will cut our fuel expenses by tons.
Something I am looking forward to very much is this thing called "salary." I have heard that it exists, but it is infamously elusive. So hopefully now that we will have a steady income, we will be able to get some student loans paid off and save a little for our future. That's the plan, at least. It's a good plan, but when does the plan ever work out how you thought? Yeah, it doesn't work out for us either. But we can still hope for it! This picture is me with my little sister Tanna who is 20 now, so not so little.
0 comments:
Post a Comment