I voted today! It was actually not an easy thing for me to do this time. Of course I was always planning on voting, but this was the hardest decision I've had to make in an election yet. I don't think I'll be happy with our new president no matter who it is--even if it's who I voted for. What am I supposed to do when I don't like any of the candidates, but I still feel the need to vote? So I voted for who I hate the least, and I hope this country survives until we can vote in someone good!
But at any rate, I voted and I am so thankful for the opportunity. I have never understood why people who can vote choose not to--especially when they're just too lazy. But I won't get into all of that. I'm sure that most of you share my feelings on that topic. But I will say that, no matter how frustrating an election is, I will always vote. Always, always, always, I will vote. It was the work of God that our nation was formed in such a way that we are free to elect our own leaders and have a meaningful voice in the government. Although Canada has been looking pretty good lately, I will always be proud to be an American.
So if you haven't already, GET OUT THERE AND VOTE!!! I did, and even though they didn't give me a cool sticker, I still feel pretty good about it.
Tuesday, November 04, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
What's with all these people I'm hearing about not getting a sticker?! That's like the best part! Sorry, but if it makes you feel any better, I didn't like the sticker they gave me. Oh well. Miss you lots, call me next time you come home.
Post a Comment