Tuesday, October 07, 2008
A Bit Ironic
A funny and ironic thing happened the day after I posted the last entry about my classroom. I mentioned our class fish and how I hoped that I wouldn't have to hold a fish funeral. They were all healthy, so I didn't worry about it. But, lo and behold, the very next day at school several of my students told me things like, "Rusty's not moving," and "I don't think Rusty can swim anymore," and "Rusty is stuck in the plants." Sure enough, Rusty kicked the bucket with no indication that there was anything wrong with him. So I cleaned the tank, took Rusty to his eternal home in the sewer, and we had a moment of silence for our beloved fish friend. Now we have Rusty Jr. He looks exactly the same as Rusty Sr., so had he died after school, I could have replaced him without anyone knowing. Oh well, such is life with little fish! So we still have 3 fish, but we may also have a frog soon. On Friday morning I was greeted by little girl with a frog in a mason jar. We're on Spud Harvest Break (a week and a half for the farming families to get the potatoes out of the ground), so if the frog comes back, I guess I'll have to find a spot for him too. I just hope they don't all start bringing pets to school. They think we should get a puppy, but I'll stick with 3 fish and a frog.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Ha ha! That story is so cute. And your class room is the cutest and most organized one I have ever seen! Wanna come do my house? ;)
Kaila-
I was wondering if I could get the recipe for the mac&cheese we had when we came over for dinner a couple months ago. My email is amynoel@gmail.com or you can post it on our blog. Thanks.
-amy stafford
Post a Comment