What a few weeks! I (Todd) have been training for the Teton Dam Half-Marathon which wasyesterday. I started training back in February, and since then I have run almost 300 miles. (Please see side bar for up to date mileage!) I have been in Boise working with Kaila's dad for the past 8 weeks or so. We put in good, full days, which makes running a tad-bit difficult to say the least! I am so tired when we get home, that it is difficult to make myself run. That being said, I have had a fantastic few weeks of running. Last Saturday, was the infamous Star Mule Days! Along with the great celebration that it is, they held a 5-K Race. I decided I would enter the race Saturday morning, and set out to see what I could do. Let me tell you what... I ran the best 5-K I have ever ran. I finished in 19:38, which just happened to be the fastest time of the day! I won $20 to a running store downtown, and a free bandanna! One of my life goals was to run a 5-K under 20 minutes, so I guess I am a complete man!
1st Place Schwag!
Yesterday, was the Half-Marathon here in Rexburg. My Brothers Jeff and Nate, and Nate's wife Heidi ran it with me. It was a lot of fun to have all 4 of us there at the start getting ready to run 13.1 miles.
Jeff, Me, Nate, Heidi before the race
This was Jeff's first Half-Marathon, and the rest of our first Half for the year, so we were all pretty nervous as to how we were going to do. We all got ready at the starting line, and off we went. Nate and I ran the race last year, so we knew how many hills there were and we were both trying to beat our past times. I ran it in 1:40 last year and my goal for this year was 1:35. It was a beautiful, overcast day with no rain and just the right temperature. I felt really good and finished in 1:34:51 so I beat my goal and my personal record! I came in 4th place in my age division and 17th place overall. I could not have been happier!
What a good finish picture!
Nate finished in 2:03, Heidi finished in 2:07 and Jeff finished in 2:25 which is fantastic for his first of many great races! We were all excited to be done running and enjoy the festivities in the park. Running is a great stress reliever for me, and it always makes me feel so good after I run. Nate and I got into the St. George Marathon the first weekend of October, so we are going to be preparing for that. All in all, I would have to say these have been a pretty successful two weeks!
Heidi, Nate, Me, and Jeff all wearing our medals with pride!
4 comments:
That is so awesome! You guys are very inspiring. Nice job!
Nice job!! Im proud of ya!
I'm so impressed!! That's so cool that all 4 of you got to run together and that you did so well.
Yahoo.
Hey Good Work all you Myers!!! One of these days I hope I can run with the Myers pack too.
Post a Comment