Last weekend, I (Todd) and Kaila's dad went fishing down in Utah at Flaming Gorge National Park. It is right on the border of Utah and Wyoming. We spent 2 1/2 days fishing and hanging out with 'the guys.' In that time, I caught 40+ fish and Chad, Kaila's dad, caught 50+ fish. I have to say, I had a really fun time catching the biggest fish I have ever caught. This time of year, the rainbow trout are spawning and come up to the shallow water to lay their eggs. We stood on the shore, and caught fish all day while people on boats looked on with jealousy! The fish are really finicky and aren't interested in food, so they are pretty hard to catch. It takes a sensitive rod and a lot of patience, but let me tell you what...it is worth it!
This was the size of the 'average' fish! They were all at least 3 pounds.
This beauty was 5+ Pounds!
Another great 5+ pound fish!
1 comments:
Good job, honey! Maybe someday we'll learn how to like fish so we can eat what you catch. But until that day, catch and release is good with me. Just think...maybe next year our little family of 3 can all go! :) I still think you're the best catch of all.
Post a Comment