Tuesday, July 08, 2008

Kaila's Birthday

Saturday, July 5th was my 23rd birthday. We mostly celebrated on the 3rd, though. Todd gave me the most thoughtful present I've ever gotten: a European tour! It really was a fun treat. First, we had a light lunch in the Black Forest of Germany (ie Porter Park in Rexburg). Then we played "lawn bowls" in England (ie Bocce Ball at the Idaho Falls green belt). Next we ate dinner over-looking the Italian countryside (ie Johnny Carinos), followed by an over-night stay in Venice! He took me to Destinations Inn (like Anniversary Inn in Boise) and we stayed in the Venice room. It was so beautiful! The room was huge and very luxurious. One whole wall was painted with a mural that looked like a little Italian village, and the bathtub was a gondola!

It was so much fun! Todd made it a really special day for me. It was all a surprise, and I really enjoyed it. Before we left the house on that afternoon, he gave me my birthday card which had our "itinerary" on the back of it. Even though the whole thing was for me, I think Todd had a really fun time too. He loves it when he can surprise me with things, so it was very memorable for the both of us. We only wish we could afford to stay in those theme rooms more often. But alas, maybe rent should come first...

On Saturday, my REAL birthday, we did the traditional cake and ice cream with family. Todd's parents were in town, so they came along with Nate, Heidi, Porter, and baby sister. Scott, Eileen, and baby also came, and they even came early to have dinner with us. It was good to have family around for my birthday. Todd went the extra mile again and made me a 4-layer cake: lemon with chocolate frosting and home-made stabilized whipped cream in the middles. Todd is the best! I'll have to start thinking about his birthday extra early this year if I'm even going to come close to what he did for me. I love you Todd!!!!

3 comments:

Jenn said...

Happy Birthday! It sounds like you had a great time! What a fun excursion that Todd planned for you. Very creative, I'm impressed. (Doing something like that for Brad would never occur to me.) Once again, happy birthday and I'm glad it was good!

Heather and Parker Lyons said...

Kaila-
I PROMISE I actually did remember your birthday on the 5th. I remember thinking "it's the fifth, and I should call Kaila" but alas, I started doing something busy and forgot. So maybe I'll call you tomorrow. Your husband is such a romantic!! That is SOO SWEET what he did! Maybe Parker should take a lesson or two. Let me know next time you're in town, we'd love to see you. Miss you lots!
-Heather

Patrick Collier said...

You go Todd!!! you are the man... um so Kayla I saw your comment on my blog and I would love to do something. just let me know. I am going to boise for the fall so we will have to do something soon or wait until after Christmas. just let me know.

 

Growing Up Together | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates