Yesterday, I ran the longetst run of my life. I ran 22 miles! I started in Rexburg at the Nature Park, ran to Teton, then back to Sugar City, then back to Rexburg. That was a new experience for me! I have heard of this infamous 'wall' that people hit when running long distances, but I have never experienced it. Personally, I thought they were just complaining! Well... humble pie was served up yesterday morning durring my run because at mile 19, I hit the 'wall' and felt like my body had just been hit by a truck. I was wimpering like a little school girl, and wishing someone I knew would happen to drive by and offer me a ride! But, like everything, it takes persistance and I started feeling better with about a mile left. I got home, and wonderful Kaila took great care of me by filling the bath tub with ice cold water and 'helping' me ease my sore legs in to soak. If you have never experienced an ice bath, give it a try! I actually felt pretty good after and was able to walk around the park with Kaila and Eva. Three weeks left until the St. George Marathon, so hopefully I will be ready.
The map of where I ran.
3 comments:
That is brutal! Hey, where did you get your map to map out your route?
I have a Garmin Forerunner 405. It is a GPS watch, so this is just the map it gave me after I finished. There is a free training log online at www.runningahead.com, and they have a little course tool that uses google maps and you can draw out a route if you wanted to do that.
Hey Good Work! You'll do great next weekend. I'll be watching to see that qualifing time for Boston. Good Luck!!!
Post a Comment