Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Eva's Blessing

Sunday, August 9th was Eva's blessing. We had a lot of family and friends come, which we appreciated very much. All but one of Todd's siblings and their families came, which by itself is a lot of people. That weekend was also the Bell family reunion which was in Eastern Idaho, so several of my extended family members were able to attend as well. Thanks to everyone who came and joined us for such a special occasion.

Eva's grandparents.

I made her blessing dress as a final project in a sewing class I had a couple of years ago. It is so big for her! Of course it is supposed to be long, but it is also very wide, so we had to do some last minute alterations to make it stay on her petite little body. I wish I had a more close-up shot of just Eva in her dress, but I didn't think to take one at the time. We were going to have some professional pictures of her in her dress too (look at the next post), but I forgot to bring the dress to Boise with us. We'll just have to dress her up all over again and do some more pictures ourselves when we get back to Rexburg. But for now, here are a couple of family pictures from her blessing day.

Our little family.

1 comments:

The Carneys said...

thats a beautiful dress! You are so talented!!!

 

Growing Up Together | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates