Long, long, ago in a land called Rexburg, a young prince named Todd started dating a fair maiden named Kaila. She lived in a royal palace called Royal Crest Apartments, while Prince Todd lived in the forest of Pine View. By and by, Prince Todd and the fair maiden Kaila were engaged to be married. During this time they spent every spare minute together. On one occasion, when they had nothing to do in the land of Rexburg, they were for some reason writing notes. (No one remembers exactly why.) In those notes were pictures which were meant to represent words (an eye=I, a heart=love, etc.). One of them drew a lamb, or a ewe, to represent the word "you." For one reason or another, they ended up drawing a beard and a 10-gallon hat on the ewe, and discovered that it was an Amish Ewe, for "I miss you." (I know--clever, right?) And ever since that day, that simple picture of an Amish Ewe has been a sign of their undying affection and love.
The end.
Todd left Monday morning and is in Boise until Friday doing some work with my Dad. Since we've been married, we've only spent one night apart, and it felt really lonely for me. On Monday morning I started crying as soon as I woke up, just knowing that Todd would be gone. (I know I'd be sad and lonely normally, but I'm pretty sure the pregnancy hormones played a part in that one, too.) In fact, I cried a lot that morning. I don't like to be alone, and I really wished I could go with him. But, alas, I have to be here for work. Monday was sort of a sad day for me, but I'm keeping busy at home and feeling much better about it.
Today I didn't get home until about 6:00 because I was running some errands right after school. By that time I was super hungry, so I decided that a good old PB&J was the best way to go for dinner since it takes a whole three minutes to make. While I was making my amazing dinner, the doorbell rang. I didn't see anyone through the peep-hole, which actually made me kind of nervous, being alone and all. But when I opened the door I saw flowers on the doormat. No one was around, and there wasn't a note with them. There was just a picture of an Amish Ewe.
Prince Todd must have had someone from the ward deliver them to me, but he won't say. On Monday I cried because I was sad, and today I cried because I am so glad. Todd really knows what I need and when I need it. My baby is really lucky. She'll have the greatest daddy in the whole world.
P.S. I just posted "Milestones" too, so keep on reading if you like.
2 comments:
I have to tell you, that has to be the cutest thing I've ever heard! That's completely adorable. How lucky are you that you have a husband that knows your needs, and does sweet adorable things like that to just melt your heart.
I know exactly how you feel! It's hard being alone. When Brad started his job he was gone for three weeks. It was the longest three weeks of my life. We hadn't been apart for more than a couple days either.
I am having a Stamp Up party in Idaho Falls in May 1 @ 7pm. I would like to send you an invite but I don't have your address. You can email it to me @ ratchlouise@gmail.com that is if you want to come. It would be fun to have you and get to know you a little better.
Post a Comment