
The first thing we did after finding out was celebrate by picking out a few girly onsies. We just couldn't resist. And now that we know, we can do a few of the things we've been holding off on. For example, now that we're planning on a girl, I can pick out some cute fabric to make the crib bedding out of. Our bigger things like the crib, changing table, stroller, etc., are all non-gender-specific so we can use them again and again. But I don't mind making another crib set if we have a boy in the future. So that will be a project for me to work on for a while.
We also got a changing table on Friday. We saw one listed on the BYU-I bulletin board website for $15, so we snatched it up right away. (I just can't justify $100 for a new one.) I honestly wasn't expecting much but a beat-up, scratched-up, spindly, wobbly table, but we were both pleasantly surprised. It's just like the ones we liked at the store, but couldn't bear to shell out the cash for. Sure, it's got a few scratches, but Todd tightened up the screws and polished it up, so now it's almost as good as new. Then we got some colorful bins to organize with, and presto--it's ready to roll.
Only a few more things and we'll be pretty well prepared for our little girl to come into the world! But we're not in any huge hurry to get it all done, because we've still got 4 1/2 months to go. I feel good though, that we're going little by little. It's not so straining on the budget that way, and it has given us time to shop around and think some things out. Since the day we found out we were going to be parents, we pick up one thing for baby while we're at the store. So, over time we've gotten a pretty good little stock of baby essentials. When I stop and think of buying it all at once, it's dang expensive. But when it's another 4 or 5 bucks added on when you're already buying something else, it's not so bad. So I'm glad we decided to do that. The only problem is that now I have all this baby stuff that I just have to look at, and I don't get to try it out until the end of July! It's making me antsy! I know, I know...it'll come faster than I think and I'll miss the days when sleeping in was an option. But I think the trade is worth it. I'll take being a mommy over sleep. Who needs sleep anyways, right?
4 comments:
Congratulations! Girls are so much fun! I can't wait to hear what names you guys are thinking of for her. (That's one of my favorite things to ask expectant mommies.) That's so smart to buy just a few things at a time. We did that too and it was much less stressful on our budget. But I empathize completely on getting antsy just looking at all the baby things and not being able to use them yet. I felt that way with both of my pregnancies. I'm sooo excited for you! Congrats again!
Kaila, I just KNEW you'd have a girl. Don't ask why, I can't answer that. It just seems like I always pictured you with a girl first. And yes, you're wise to buy stuff up gradually. And then the day will come, when baby's home and growing.......and your once amazing stash will dwindle. And then they finally outgrow all those baby clothes you bought or your baby shower got you (because, although you may get a few, most shower gifts don't get much bigger than 12 months). And then you WILL have to go to the store, and buy ALL NEW clothes, cuz your baby just won't stop growing! And before you know it, he's two years old wearing 4T clothes.....oh wait, I guess I'm talking about me aren't I?! Well, you're definately right about one thing: it's all totally worth it.
YEAH! It's a girl! That's awesome!! I am so excited for you guys! Mickie is havin a boy...
Kaila! Youre preggo and its a girl!! What could be better?! thats so exicting! When are you due? I know you said end of july...but who knows maybe she'll come a few weeks early and be born on Alexa's bday (july 2nd) :o) well enjoy being pregnant and dont spend too much time in the babys room staring at all the cute baby stuff like I did! lol it just made me more baby hungry!! well congrats!!
Post a Comment